Terms & Conditions.
The boring small print you need to read.
Terms & Conditions
When placing an order online with Dial a Website you agree and are bound to the terms and conditions outlined below. Dial a Website reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. We do not currently charge VAT on any of our services.
- Any new domain names registered will be under the ownership of you the customer.
- All domain renewals are not included in your pay monthly package unless agreed otherwise.
- Dial a Website takes no liability for any loss of profit or website downtime caused by the expiration of domain names or other technical faults caused by any third party companies.
- All new pay monthly website accounts require the setup fee to be paid prior to work commencing. Direct debits need to be set up soon as the website is ready.
- All new fixed cost (one payment) customers require the deposit fee to be paid prior to work commencing. The full amount needs to be paid soon as the website is ready.
- Dial a Website will require for you to supply textual content to be added to your website, you may also supply images and we can also supply stock images free of charge, the number of images provided by us is limited at our discretion. All text and images submitted must be free of copyright and Dial a Website accepts no responsibility for any infringement of copyright law arising from any text or images used on your site. We can also supply professional copywriting at an additional cost.
- Expected completion timeframe on most websites is around 7-14 days however if the content is not provided this may delay completion.
- Dial a Website reserves the right to refuse to handle in any way, material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or controversial.
- By default, your website will be hosted with Heart Internet web hosting company unless you provide any other third-party hosting company. All technical, software updates and any general upkeep services shall be provided by Dial a Website as standard and be included as part of the pay monthly fee.
- Dial a Website will take extensive measures to ensure that the customer does not experience any disruption of service, we cannot accept liability for disruption of service caused by factors that lie outside of our control.
- Website amends such as changes to text, images and contact information shall be included as part of each package as stated in the package description. These inclusive amendments are subject to fair usage. If for whatever reason the customer’s use of this clause is excessive then Dial a Website has the right to evaluate the clients spend and amend the amount on their next billing cycle. Requests that fall outside of what is considered to be a basic amend, such as new pages, re-branding or additional functionality will be treated as a bespoke auxiliary service and will be quoted and billed as such.
- In the event that a website fault occurs as the result of amendments made by the customer, a request may be made to Dial a Website to rectify the fault and will be quoted and billed based upon our standard agency fees.
- In the event that a website fault occurs as the result of a web hosting server or the website is hacked or compromised with virus/malware, Dial a Website will remove your website hosting services without permission till the problem has been rectified.
Contract Duration / Cancellation
- All account cancellation can be made by you the customer at any time, the requests of account cancellation must be done in writing by email by both parties.
- Customers who purchase the complete website with fix cost can cancel within 14 days of purchase and a full refund will be given. The cancellation request must be sent in writing to [email protected]
- All other pay as you go/monthly website accounts are agreed on a monthly contract and can be cancelled at any time. A full refund will be given if the contract is cancelled within the first 14 days of starting a contract. The cancellation request must be sent in writing to [email protected]
- Accounts will be cancelled and direct debit agreements terminated. If your direct debit fails and payment is not received within 7 days your account will be terminated unless you have notified us of any issues and we have agreed otherwise.
- Account cancellation will result in the complete termination of the website
Search Engine optimisation
- Dial a Website only uses ethical optimisation techniques and take no responsibility for loss of traffic or rankings associated with third party seo companies or software.
- While it is accepted that the methodology applied by Dial a Website is an effective one, Dial a Website does not hold any control over search engine rankings and therefore cannot guarantee any specific results. Furthermore, Dial a Website cannot dictate or predict changes in search engine practices that may cause loss of positioning.
Contract Duration / Cancellation
- SEO accounts shall be placed on a rolling monthly contract.
- Requests of account cancellation are to be sent in writing to [email protected]
- Account cancellation will result in the complete termination of all continuing SEO services however all SEO techniques applied throughout the customer’s term with Dial a Website will remain in place
Charges & Payments
All payments to Dial a Website for provision of services will be set up by the customer.
Without prejudice to any other right or remedy that Dial a Website may have, if the Customer fails to pay Dial a Website on the due date Dial a Website may:
- Suspend all Services until payment has been made in full.
- If the customer’s account remains in debt for four consecutive weeks then a £50 late payment fee will be added to the customer’s outstanding balance
If you are unhappy with any of the Dial a Website services you are free to cancel at any time.
Customers on a monthly website design package: If you cancel within the first 14 days of sign up you are entitled to a full refund upon request emailed to [email protected]
Customers who have purchased websites completely: If you return the purchased website within the first 14 days of purchasing, you are entitled to a full refund upon request emailed to [email protected]
This contract will be governed exclusively by the laws of the United Kingdom.
General Terms & Conditions Of Using Our Website
The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions. These terms and conditions govern your access to and use of the Website. By accessing and using the Website you agree that you have read and accept these terms and conditions and that they shall apply to your use. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, please leave the Website.
1. This Website is owned and operated by the Excite Technologies Limited.
2. We reserve the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. Through the Website you may gain access to the products and services of Dial a Website and its subsidiaries. In addition to these terms and conditions, the provision of such products and services will be governed by such additional terms and conditions as you may be made aware of at the time of ordering.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Dial a Website are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Dial a Websites be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
5. Copyright Restrictions (1): commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from Dial a Website . Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by Dial a Website to use any item displayed.
6. Copyright Restrictions (2): documents (not interactive applications) downloaded from the Publications and Downloads sections of this site may be used for personal use only. This does not extend to other documents and images contained herein for which all rights are reserved. Permission must be requested from the copyright holders prior to copying or other use of the content.
7. Dial a Website takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites linked to this site are owned and operated by third parties over which Dial a Website has no control. The inclusion of links to other websites should not be considered an unqualified endorsement of the content of the sites operated by third parties. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
8. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Registered Address: Excite Technologies Ltd. 17 Queen Mary Avenue, Camberley Surrey GU15 3BL
Company registration number: 04185936